Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 138

Alrighty then,

Radiation and surgery visits went well. Right now I'm planning on going ahead with 5 weeks of radiation starting on Monday. The doc said it shouldn't have any side effects due to the distance away from major organs and such, so thats more good news. Still don't know much about this process, so I'll be looking into it quite a bit thees next couple of days.

4 weeks after radiation the surgeon said I would have another scan, then probably get ready to take it out. I've been debating about sharing everything they told me, because this is the first time it hasn't been good news, but here goes. They said I might have to have my right gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and part of my illiac wing removed. This doesn't really excite me as it may effect how I walk run and move around; however, when looking at the big picture this is a small price to pay.

In any case, I refuse to settle for what they tell me could happen. I have been blessed thus far with much less side effects than the typical patient and will continue, with even more fervor now, to hope in the one who has already paid the price for my sins, Jesus Christ.


2 Corinthians 1:8-11

8We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. 9Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. 10He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, 11as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our[a] behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.

Thanks for your support.

All Glory To God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment