Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 109 (16)

Howdy everyone,

I've got great news: I finished my bookcase today : ) Go ahead and make jokes about the slowest carpenter in the world, and all I have to say in response is you can't rush master hand crafted quality. (thats a joke if you didn't pick up on it) I am far from mastery, but I've learned a lot and its been a lot of fun. Pictures will be up on facebook soon.

I've been able to enjoy a little more free time this round having my mwf labs drawn in town instead of downtown. It took a little working at it, but now I can drive there, and its just less of a hassle for the whole family.

The 5th round has been pretty similar to the others in the sense of what is happening: the tumor is still shrinking (to my knowledge) and I've held up just as well (first week-pain in the but, other two-much better). The main difference is my overall desire to get it over with. I know I still have cancer, but I am ready to 'get my life back'. I've discussed this with some of y'all and you've been really supportive. Thanks. One verse that does a great job of 'hitting me over the head' as I like to call it is

Romans 5:1-5 (NIV)

1Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, wea]">[a]have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And web]">[b] rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3Not only so, but wec]">[c] also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

There's not much I can say about this but wow. My God is a loving God, he will provide for me through thick and thin, I have nothing but praise and thanksgiving for Him, His plan has my best interests in mind and gives me hope of a real future.

If I don't see or hear from you, have a super memorial weekend! Lets remember those who have given there lives for our freedoms.

All Glory To God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment