Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 289 (91)

Good evening.

For those of you who are wondering 'why does he keep numbering his posts, and what do they even mean?' I'll explain, and to tell you the truth I've even lost track of what I was thinking, but I've also recently remembered. It's been 289 days since I started chemotherapy treatments (also first blog post) and 91 days since my surgery. So there is a method to the madness. (If I miscalculated keep it to yourself!)

So did everyone have a thankful Thanksgiving? You should have! I know I did, family and friends are really what matters when it comes down to it, and If your lucky like me you had the chance to spend some time with yours.

I just had my 3 month visit with the docs yesterday. All good news, it looks like the new bones in my pelvis are healing/setting where they've been screwed in. However, its going to be a while longer before I'm back on my feet, could be 3 more months who knows. We also talked about having a follow up surgery on December 13 for functional/cosmetic purposes (unrelated to cancer - that part is done with God willing). O.K. fine, you talked me into giving more details. Basically there is a bone 'nub' left from the last surgery, its not rounded or form fitting so they are going to resect it. Prayers are welcome.

Alright enough with medical stuff, so glad I'm an engineer. Things are wrapping up with Christmas time; ready for a few parties in college station next week and Mom and I are trying to write a Christmas letter. In other news, come July 2011 my brother will be gainfully employed with an oilfield service company. Whoop!

VERSE OF THE DAY - Colossians 2:6-7

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.


All Glory To God. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment