Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 219 (10)

Good evening,

Today is the 10th day since my surgery. Folks, I gotta tell you "I've been blessed!" Each day passing brings another milestone of improvement. At first it was great to have one of my many iv lines or my nasogastric tube removed. More recently I am noticing more feeling and movement in my leg, and increase in appetite.

At the moment, my right butt muscles and some others are still a bit 'scrambled' so my mobility is limited to under 100 ft w/ a walker or crutches; but as I recover I shouldn't have many limitations using these tools. The bones in my right side are still healing and setting, so I wont be allowed to walk unaided for about 6 weeks, (but whose counting?). O.K., a number of people are counting so yes this will be a strict limitation but at least that will be cutting down my yard work.

In other news I have been virtually pain free this entire process! Praise God. I was off pain meds only a few days after, and the only meds im taking right now are anti clot and anti infection drugs.

Well, I'm wearing out a bit, I'll have to cut this post a little short. Before I go I wanted to reassure you my discharge date as sometime this week, with things going according to plan. I'd also like to thank all of you, "You Know Who You Are!", and even if you don't, believe me "I appreciate your support". Lastly I'd like to reserve the award for best parents on the planet for my two. They've put up with a whole lot, God Bless 'Em. (who else can I trust to change my diapers?)

“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!”- Philippians 4:4

All Glory To God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment