Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 208

Brothers and Sisters,

Tomorrow marks the next step in my journey. From around 7AM to 5PM I'll be in the O.R. having surgery to remove the remaining cancer in my body.

I want to thank you all for the overwhelming support, lifting me up above the worries and doubt that often get in the way.

This has been my life for the past two hundred and eight days. "God, I'm ready to move on. I thank You and praise You for the gifts and talents, experiences and blessings you give. 'How much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him'. For Your name's sake heal my body. I stand on your word, 'If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.' All Glory To God. Amen."


But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
-2 Corinthians 12:9

8But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 9For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 11Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. - 1 Thessalonians 5:8-11

No comments:

Post a Comment