Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 250 (42)

Well that shower was about 42 days over due...

Hi everyone, wanted to let Y'all know things are going well. I just saw my surgeon yesterday and she said "Good, you haven't broken any of the bones we put in!" Holy Cow! She wasn't kidding about taking it easy. Good news is I can now take my brace off. This allows for larger range of motion, less discomfort, and you've guess it - showers and pool! She did say that it takes a minimum of 3 months for my bones to set properly, so even though I'll be starting physical therapy up soon, I won't be able to weight bear on my right leg for another 6 weeks or so. This had me bummed for about 25 seconds until I remembered a person in the waiting room without a leg. There is so much we have to thank God for every day!

In the mean time my brother has me doing push ups, I'm trying to keep up my reading, and I'm starting to jam out on my new Djembe (very large African drum, looks like an oversized bongo). Also my Grandma and Aunt are coming in tomorrow so I'm pretty excited to spend some time with them.

Bible Verse of The Day - Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Glory To God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment